NCCF Non-Wood Forest Resource (NWFR) Certification Standard
60 Days Public Consultation
08 June to 07 August 2020
Zero Draft Standard for Non-Wood Forest Resource
Standard for Non-Wood Forest Resources (NWFR) is being developed by NCCF is to benefit forest dwellers and local communities for whom extraction (collection/harvest) of NWFPs is an important source of livelihood. Moreover, commercial opportunities for NWFRs are emerging and certification can help and promote their marketing, ease of trade and facilitate market linkage while ensuring sustainability of NWFRs.
Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests, a not for profit organisation of India, is actively promoting sustainable management of natural resources and sustainable consumerism through the mechanism of certification. We have developed/are developing globally benchmarked and India specific sustainability standards for various constituents of our natural resource base, as our core activity, besides engaged in policy advocacy, awareness raising and capacity building.
The zero draft NWFR Certification Standard has been developed through a multi stakeholder Standard Development Group (SDG) following an open, transparent and consultative process through meetings and discussions. The set of stakeholders involved in the process includes resource owners, regulatory bodies, local communities, resource users, manufacturer, traders, institutions, experts, NGOs etc. The standard development has reached public consultation stage. Public and stakeholder consultations are an integral part of standard development process followed by NCCF.
We invite all stakeholders to submit their comments on the zero draft NWFR Certification Standard during the 60 days public consultation period. All sections of zero draft are open for comments, review and modifications.
The Zero Draft NWFR Certification Standard document contains, introduction, draft standard text and supporting glossary. The standard is organised in a four tier structure comprising of 3 themes, 10 principles, 39 criteria and 146 indicators.
Public Consultation Duration: 08 June 2020, Monday to 07 August 2020, Friday.
Public Consultation documents can be downloaded from here.
• Short Note
• Zero Draft Standard
• Instruction Sheet for Comments
• Comment Sheet
The comments on zero draft NWFR Certification Standard can be submitted within the consultation period to Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests (NCCF) by several means:
1. Emailing comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Commenting on PDF version of zero draft and emailing at email@example.com
3. Using a word document, to write comments and emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Using comment sheet available on website. Instructions to use it available below as well as in the comment sheet. Sending the comment sheet at email@example.com
5. Any other method as deemed fit.
Consultation Period: 25th April 2018 – 24th June 2018
|TOF Standard version zero|
|Comment Sheet for ToF consultation|
|Instruction sheet for ToF consultation|
|TOF Standard version zero|
|S. No.||Consultation||Timeline||Related Documents|
|1||Basic Draft of the Identified Themes||15th June to 26thJune 2015||Cover Note Themes Background|
|2||Theme A ( Principles & Criteria)||07th September to 20th September 2015||Theme A|
|3||Theme B ( Principles & Criteria)||16th November to 30th November 2015||Theme B|
|4||Theme C ( Principles & Criteria)||16th November to 30th November 2015||Theme C|
|5||Theme D ( Principles & Criteria)||22nd December 2015 to 17th January 2016||Theme D|
|6||Theme E ( Principles & Criteria)||22nd December 2015 to 17th January 2016||Theme E|
|7||Theme F ( Principles & Criteria)||22nd December 2015 to 17th January 2016||Theme F|
|8||Public Consultation||03rd October 2016 to 02nd December 2016|
Email ID for sending comments/inputs firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation Period: 03rd October 2016 to 02nd December 2016
|Draft Forest Management|
|List of laws|
- Stakeholder can contact Nidhi Choudhary – email@example.com for submitting a comment/complaint/feedback about applicant’s management practices that violates NCCF FM Certification standard and/or any national laws/regulations.
- Stakeholders can meet the audit team on field provided they submit their interest along with their contact details on above mentioned email id. The audit team will get back to the concerned stakeholder for scheduling a stakeholder’s meeting/interview on field or over phone.
- The audit team shall review the feedback received from stakeholders and will triangulate the comments based on evidence collected during the audit. Where necessary, audit team shall issue the non-conformities to the applicant on account of evidences collected.
- Sites to be audited: Single certificate having rubber plantations in various districts of Tripura namely North, Sadar, South I, South II and Factory unit
For more details, contact:
GICIA India Pvt. Ltd.
Address- 505, V Floor, Matrix towers Sector 132 Noida, UP, 201303